Welcome to The Griffith Academy's Blog

So what is this blog? Well you'll have to read and follow it to find out...., no really, it's about a day in the life of The Griffith's - us! A homeschooling family living each day to learn and learning to live each day, and the best part is doing it together.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Jupiter, Snow, and Coffee

Early morning hours and seeing the slow cascade of snow falling warmed my heart (yep I said it as I love winter, especially snowy winter days, it's so beautiful) as I learned we're to expect snow showers that will increase in coverage and intensity but roughly no great accumulation maybe 1 inch or so they say....I've learned living in Indy that the weather forecast can change on a whim.

And just as I've settled down for my morning coffee, Nick brings in his Science schoolwork, done.  The kid is fast, and exceptionally bright considering his dilemma with Autism (he's had it since age 2 and is on the high end of the spectrum so you wouldn't really know he has it, unless of course you're dealing with his tantrums then you can tell.)

"You will weigh way more on Jupiter than you are weighing on earth!  You will feel super heavy!!! "  That's the first thing Nick related to me that he had learned from his morning work in science today.  He then though asked me if I thought they'd blow that planet up someday....where that came from I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they won't, and even if they did it would take a lot of missiles as Jupiter is 1000 times bigger than earth.  Either way he was proud that he'd completed his work before anyone else in the house had gotten up, guess it just goes to show the earlier you rise the more you accomplish - sort of like the early bird who catches the worm.  And with Nick he's always up early no matter what.  He rarely sleeps in, and sometimes beats me up.  Wish I had his energy.

Oh back to my coffee I went.  Just sipping it savoring the warmth and flavor.  Wondering what the rest of the day will bring.  So far it's brought me a planetary presentation of the wonders of Jupiter and some necessary quiet time as the past few days have not been the most joyful for me, I've suffered with a migraine that wouldn't let up no matter what medicine I took and believe me I have some pretty powerful pain scripts specifically for it, so I know with the fact none of it worked and the mere fact I had to go lay down through them that this round was bad.  Don't know why I get them or what really triggers them, I do know noise and stress don't help them and well when you've got kids, you've got noise and stress too so there was no escape.

Speaking of escapes, last night we watched The Mummy Returns - Annie just adores those movies and I must say that I like them to.


The way she's fascinated with mummies I have to wonder how she's going to do in world history this spring as I introduce her and JJ (they're both in the same grade) to ancient worlds and times.  I bet she'll love it.

Alas this is it for my morning post, see you all in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment